Prep 7 mins
Cook 8 mins
found this on a recipevshare for Connect2 website. It was contributed by Niki C. It is listed as a 15 minute or less salad/meal, but does not include the over night marinade.;) 1 serving for a meal, 2 for side dish. Salad dressing recipe is included see bleow.
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 4 quarts spinach leaves, packed
- 1⁄4 cup radish, sliced
HONEY of a DRESSING (use 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Honey of a Dressing directions:Combine vinegar and honey; mix well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Marinate chicken in 1/4 cup dressing at least 2 hours or overnight, refrigerated. Drain and reserve marinade.
- Heat oil in non stick pan and stir fry chicken until juices run clear.
- Add pepper, onion, mushrooms and reserved marinade; stir fry 1 minute.
- Add spinach leaves and toss in pan until barely wilted.
- Add radishes and toss to mix.
This fit what I had in the frig - chicken breasts and spinach, so I was pleasantly rewarded with a very nice salad which is a meal by itself. Great flavor and easy to prepare. Made for ZWT8.
For Zaar World Tour 5 This is amazing! I love the differenct colours and tastes that go into this chicken salad. It was just so good!
This was outstanding in every way! Quick, delicious and left you looking forward to having it again. It's also a good recipe to take your own twist. Used the 2 oz of the dressing for marinating the chicken. While prepping the veggies, I drizzled some of the dressing over them. I sauteed the chicken strips in the oil and when cooked, added 1/2 bag of the spinach and didn't let it cook down at all. A quick stir and into the bowl it went. I proceeded to cook the balance of the spinach in small increments like that, drizzling the dressing in the hot pan before adding the spinach. This will be one of our favorite salads for the summer. Thnx so much for posting, Mommy Diva. Made for ZWT5