Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ladies Home Journal June 07. This recipe goes with others that I have listed for a Bridal shower. You can also make chocolate ones as well.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, plus additional for dusting
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional for dough
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- TO MAKE CHOCOLATE VERSION:.
- Omit the zest and juice and add 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips. Bake as directed and drizzle with melted chocolate when cookies are cooled.
- Cookie Directions:.
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl on medium until combined. Beat in zest and juice. Reduce speed to low and add flour and salt, beating until just combined. Chill, wrapped in plastic wrap, at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 325 F and arrange 2 racks in center. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness. Using a 2 1/4 inch heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out shapes and place 1/2 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Chill 10 minutes in freezer or 20 minutes in fridge.
- Bake until cookies are set and just golden around the edges, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool slightly; using a metal spatula, carefully transfer cookies to racks and cool completely. Dust with sugar up to 5 hours before serving.
This recipe was great. I used orange instead of lime, but that was the only change I made. Rich cookies that get tastier with time.