Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Sweetheart Fudge Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- piped whipped cream
- chopped walnuts
- Cream butter; gradually add brown sugar, beating at medium speed on an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add melted chocolate, coffee granules, and rum extract; mix well.
- Stir in flour and 1 cup chopped walnuts.
- Pour mixture into pastry shell.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes; cool completely.
- Garnish, if desired.
My husband did back-flips over this pie. Well, not really but he was pretty excited. As far as we are concerned this is the gold standard for chocolate fudge pies. The filling has a rich, creamy texture with an intense chocolate flavor that is simply the best. Whipped cream or nothing should go on top. Please don't degrade this pie by using Cool Whip. Thank-you Nurse Di.
Naturally, I am giving this 5 stars because I had this very recipe - used to make it back in the 80's for Valentine's Day and our anniversary. Then I lost the recipe on one of our moves. Found this today - scrapped my original plan and made it. This was my husband's favorite, and my daughter's first time. She was almost giddy with delight! Thanks for bringing this recipe back to us. (I also whipped up some cream - no, not Cool Whip for a topping) Sinfully rich and wonderful.