Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by cydney
My husband did back-flips over this pie. Well, not really but he was pretty excited. As far as we are concerned this is the gold standard for chocolate fudge pies. The filling has a rich, creamy texture with an intense chocolate flavor that is simply the best. Whipped cream or nothing should go on top. Please don't degrade this pie by using Cool Whip. Thank-you Nurse Di.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- piped whipped cream
- chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter; gradually add brown sugar, beating at medium speed on an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add melted chocolate, coffee granules, and rum extract; mix well.
- Stir in flour and 1 cup chopped walnuts.
- Pour mixture into pastry shell.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes; cool completely.
- Garnish, if desired.