Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt chocolate with butter in small saucepan over low heat, set aside.
- Beat eggs until foamy in a large bowl; beat in sugar gradually until fluffy-thick.
- (This will take about 10 minutes.) Stir in vanilla, and chocolate mixture, then fold in flour, salt and walnuts.
- Spread mixture in a greased 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until shiny and firm on top.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- To serve, cut into 2-inch squares.
- For a special Valentine’s Day treat, cut brownies using a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- To make an extra special serving, drizzle chocolate sauce on plate, then place one heart-shaped brownie in center.
- Top with a scoop of your favorite ice cream, then place another heart-shaped brownie on top.
- Dust lightly with powdered sugar, and drizzle additional chocolate sauce, if desired.
- Serve with a whole, fresh strawberry for garnish.