Recipe by House
Supposed to showcase "Raspberry Enlightenment", but if you don't have access to that, then I don't see how using a sauce would hurt. This is a Penzeys Spices recipe from the Winter 2007 catalog. Anything with Raspberry is good for me!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons raspberry sauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 inch glass pan.
- Melt butter in a small pan over low heat, then sift in cocoa and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl, let cool.
- Add sugar, vanilla extract, raspberry sauce, and mix well.
- Lightly whisk the eggs, then add butter and stir to blend.
- Add flour, stir until combined. Brownies should be stirred by hand, until just blended.
- Add nuts if desired, spoon into baking dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the middle springs back when lightly pressed and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Let cool, then sift powdered sugar over the top, if desired.
- Cut into small squares and stored in a covered container.