Adapted from Christine's Kitchen Chronicles website. Velveting technique from instructables.com. Originally a Panda Express recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons rice wine
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups canned pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (optional-if you like it hot)
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1Whisk the egg white, cornstarch, rice wine, salt and 1 Tablespoon of oil in a medium bowl until smooth.
- 2Add the sliced chicken and stir until coated.
- 3Refrigerate (marinate) 30 minutes.
- 4Start rice cooker.
- 5Drain chicken in colander.
- 6Add 1-2 inches of water plus 1 Tablespoon oil to the skillet. Bring to a full boil over high heat.
- 7Reduce the heat to medium-low. Immediately add chicken strips, individually, to the almost-boiling water. Stir with slotted spoon so they don't stick together.
- 8Once the water comes back to a barely-bubbling simmer, cook the chicken strips for 1 minute longer, stirring occasionally.
- 9After 1 minute, remove the chicken with a slotted spoon into the colander to fully drain.
- 10Put the drained strips into bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- 11The chicken strips are warm, fully cooked and ready to be added to your favorite stir-fry.
- 12Heat 1 T peanut oil in wok or skillet and stir fry veggies until crisp-tender. Add meat, pineapples and sauce and stir fry until warm.
- 13Serve immediately over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for SweetFire Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.5
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 758.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 28.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: