Recipe by DianeNJ
Fresh corn on the cob never tasted sweeter or better! My mom taught me this simple technique and it is always a hit People compliment me on how delicious the corn is and where DID I get it? Good local corn helps but this will make any supermarket corn come alive.
Top Review by Wasteoftym
Since I found this recipe it is the only one I use to make my corn on the cob. It really makes it deliciously sweet. My hubby and I just love it. Thanks for sharing this wonderful way of preparing corn.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot place 2-3 inches of water. Add milk and sugar and mix well. Add corn.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Let them low boil for 3-5 minutes watching that water level doesn't go too low. Add more water if needed.
- Lower heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Rermove and serve immediately nice and hot with butter and salt.
- We usually eat our food while these are cooking and then clean our plates or get clean ones and enjoy our corn. We always say"don't forget to leave room for the corn!" and we always save these treats for last.