Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Quick, easy, healthy and tasty. Uses only 5 ingredients. Good served with asparagus and rice (esp. brown).
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sweet butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, diced
- 2 salmon fillets
- Melt the butter then stir in the brown sugar until dissolved; add the mustard.
- On a heavy sheet of aluminum foil, lay the fish skin side down and glaze with the butter mixture.
- Place the foil on the grill (or in the oven) and cook until done, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Glaze a second time shortly before finished cooking and sprinkle with the green onions.
An easy but delicious recipe that even my teenage son who isn't much of a fish fan ate. I also thought it was a bit on the sweet side but I liked it. Next time I won't pack the brown sugar & will make less sauce as there was leftover. Make sure you use a large enough sheet of aluminum foil as the glaze will run off the fish while grilling. Thanks for a great way to get kids to eat fish!
I made mine under the broiler too, and used frozen salmon fillets. It was a good glaze, but probably would have been better on fresh fish. Also, didn't know if the brown sugar was supposed to be packed or not (I did)and I recommend not. lol All in all, a good glaze though. Thanks.
You are getting an awesome review, from someone who thought they hated ALL kinds of fish. Well I thought I'd try this salmon, and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am now a born again fish lover! Thanks so much for the great recipe, and it's so easy to prepare! Great on a weeknight when ya want to cook quick and get the kids to bed quicker! Thanks again!