Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Great summer desert. Grilled sweet peaches and pears marinated in a lightly sweetened white wine served with fresh mint and a creamy mascarpone topping.
- 1 cup white wine (Chardonnay works well for this)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint
- 4 peaches (I prefer white if you can find them)
- 4 bartlette pears
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, toasted
- Cut the peaches and pears in thick slices, don't peel, just nice thick slices. You will be grilling these so you don't want them too thin.
- Mix the wine, mint, allspice and brown sugar in a pie pan or small bowl and add the peaches and pears and let marinade 1-2 hours.
- Mix the mascarpone, honey and orange juice and chill in a small bowl.
- Toast the pistachios. I rough chop and then lightly toast in a dry saute pan for 2-3 minutes just to lightly toast and intensify the flavors. Remove and let cool.
- Grill on medium heat on a grill pan or they can be done on a outdoor grill as well. Grill until until nice grill marks on each side but not overdone.
- Just serve the fresh grilled fruit with a dollop of the mascarpone cheese topping and toasted pistachios.