Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. The recipe was posted by A Better Jennifer.
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 1⁄3 cups carnation nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- In a 2 cup glass measuring cup, combine cold water and Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder, stirring to make a paste.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 45 to 60 seconds or until mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Stir in Splenda.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before using. Will keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Use in any recipe that calls for sweetened condensed milk. Makes equivalent of a 12-fluid-ounce can of commercial brand.
I just made this, and used it in a key lime pie recipe. It came out great. I may never use the real stuff again.
This works. Be sure to whisk thoroughly after refrigeration. The flavor is flat, but it gives the necessary texture.
I just made this recipe and it only made one cup. Very disappointed