Recipe by Iluv2cook59
These biscuits (cookies) are still my adult children favourites and I can never seem to make enough of them !! The secret of this biscuit is to chill the dough before baking. If making this recipe, please don't use skim milk or evaporated milk, only condensed milk.
Top Review by Coffee&Rusks
I love the cookies! I made half a batch with 3tbs crystallised ginger and half a batch with 3tbs peanut butter. I do find the recipe itself quite vague and had a lot of questions during the making... Which flour? How thick must the sausages be? How long must the cookies bake approx? Add the condensed milk and then? Beat? (I did). 2 Hours prep time? For the rest a nice and easy recipe!
- 250 g margarine
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 0.25 ml salt
- 709.77 ml flour
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2.46 ml vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the margarine and sugar until creamy.
- Add vanilla essence - beat for another couple seconds.
- Add the tin of sweetened condensed milk to the "cream" mixture.
- Add salt then flour - cut into the mixture whilst mixing with a round edged knife.
- Once mixture has the consistency of workable dough (more flour may be needed to get right consistency) roll out dough into 6 inch "sausages" - wrap "sausage dough" in parchment paper (wax paper) and place in fridge for half an hour before cutting the sausages into slices. Flatten biscuits lightly before baking in a preheated oven @ 180degrees until biscuits are a fine golden colour.
- This recipe makes approximately 60+ biscuits -.