Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
These biscuits (cookies) are still my adult children favourites and I can never seem to make enough of them !! The secret of this biscuit is to chill the dough before baking. If making this recipe, please don't use skim milk or evaporated milk, only condensed milk.
- 250 g margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Beat the margarine and sugar until creamy.
- Add vanilla essence - beat for another couple seconds.
- Add the tin of sweetened condensed milk to the "cream" mixture.
- Add salt then flour - cut into the mixture whilst mixing with a round edged knife.
- Once mixture has the consistency of workable dough (more flour may be needed to get right consistency) roll out dough into 6 inch "sausages" - wrap "sausage dough" in parchment paper (wax paper) and place in fridge for half an hour before cutting the sausages into slices. Flatten biscuits lightly before baking in a preheated oven @ 180degrees until biscuits are a fine golden colour.
- This recipe makes approximately 60+ biscuits -.
These are awesome little cookies of pure love! I served these for our annual Kwanzaa celebration and absolutely everyone couldn't stop eating them. Such an easy recipe and not time consuming at all. My neice and sister was having a race to see who could eat the most. I had to take them away...lol. Love this recipe and will be making it often. Thanks!
I made these with my six year old this morning. After getting the mixture ready (we used real butter as that is what I had) we divided the mixture into three. One batch we added broken up Easter egg, the other I left plain and the third I did a thumb print and added a drop of jam before baking. They took 15 minutes in my oven and came out slightly crunchy on the edges but soft inside, just how I like it. This is my new biscuit recipe, wonderful for my egg free household.
Thought this was easy to make but i did alter it just a little.
1 cup of soft brown sugar - instead of 3/4 cup of sugar, this gives a little nuttyness to the mix
11/2 cups of choc chips
4 tblsp of peanut butter, to give it kick.
Easy to make and a very nice base.