Recipe by MTDavids
Great way of removing gaminess and oily taste from fish (trout, salmon etc.) This method is supposedly a common technique in restaurants to produce a sweeter and fresher taste. All I know is it works on trout and kokonee salmon. Got this "sweetening" recipe from Field And Stream Magazine in the mid 80's. Works great on fillets and pan dressed fish.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ingredients well until dissolved.
- Submerge fish in the solution by weighing down with a heavy plate.
- Refrigerate overnight, or a minimum of 6 hours.
- Discard solution and rinse fish under cold water.
- Dry on paper towels and cook or freeze for later use.