Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Great way of removing gaminess and oily taste from fish (trout, salmon etc.) This method is supposedly a common technique in restaurants to produce a sweeter and fresher taste. All I know is it works on trout and kokonee salmon. Got this "sweetening" recipe from Field And Stream Magazine in the mid 80's. Works great on fillets and pan dressed fish.
- Mix ingredients well until dissolved.
- Submerge fish in the solution by weighing down with a heavy plate.
- Refrigerate overnight, or a minimum of 6 hours.
- Discard solution and rinse fish under cold water.
- Dry on paper towels and cook or freeze for later use.
very useful technique. worked great.thank you very much for posting.