Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
An old family recipe--my mother made it so often growing up that we dubbed it "Sweetcorn Surprise." This takes about five minutes to prepare, and then you just throw it in the oven and serve with a salad for a super-easy weeknight supper. It's a cross between a souffle and a casserole. Try it--you'll like it!
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce or 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard or 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except parmesan together with a whisk in a 9" round casserole dish or a 9"x9" pan. Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake for 30-40 minute until puffed and golden on top. Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.