Prep 7 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a wonderfully creamy corn pudding that has been part of our large family meals for years. This can be served as a side to both a barbecue or more formal meal. This is excellent with pulled pork - something very American - that I learned to eat here!
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (can use less)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 extra large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt butter in a pot and stir in flour and sugar.
- Gradually add milk and stir til sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add eggs and baking powder mixing well.
- Fold in sweetcorn.
- Turn into a flat greased dish and bake for 40 min (a little longer if not golden brown and set in center).
What a great corn pudding! Got to admit that I added an extra cup of whole corn without any problem, & I was very pleased with the results! Interesting how many people have never heard of corn pudding! Thanks much for this recipe!
Yummy! Made this to go with ribs & pulled pork for a big family New Years Day dinner. Thought the little ones would like it...glad I doubled the recipe as almost everyone got seconds! Followed exact recipe. Couldn't be easier.