goth girl's Note:
a lovely chilean dish, gotta try it! :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1cut the corn on the cob away from the leaves, leaving the leaves connected to the stalk,.
- 2take the sweetcorn off of the cob,.
- 3mash the sweetcorn and the basil, well, in a food processor,.
- 4leave to one side,.
- 5select the biggest, and cleanest leaves, from the stalk, and cut them off,.
- 6altogether you will need 12-16 leaves,.
- 7cut the onions into small cubes, and fry in the oil until golden brown,.
- 8add the sweetcorn, and the milk,.
- 9stir well, and season with salt(to taste),.
- 10lay the leaves, so they are in a cross shape, with one in the middle, and two laying across it,.
- 11add a large dollop of the sweetcorn mix into the middle, and fold up the leaves to enclose it (or make a 'parcel'),.
- 12tie up with string, making sure that the mix doesn't leak out.
- 13put the parcels into a large pot of boiling water, and boil for 45 minutes.
- 14to serve, cut the string and open the parcel,.
- 15sprinkle with icing sugar (optional).
- 17(but remember, don't eat the leaves (or the string!)).
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweetcorn Parcels
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.0
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 40.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 8.6 g