Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
a lovely chilean dish, gotta try it! :-)
Make and share this Sweetcorn Parcels recipe from Food.com.
- cut the corn on the cob away from the leaves, leaving the leaves connected to the stalk,.
- take the sweetcorn off of the cob,.
- mash the sweetcorn and the basil, well, in a food processor,.
- leave to one side,.
- select the biggest, and cleanest leaves, from the stalk, and cut them off,.
- altogether you will need 12-16 leaves,.
- cut the onions into small cubes, and fry in the oil until golden brown,.
- add the sweetcorn, and the milk,.
- stir well, and season with salt(to taste),.
- lay the leaves, so they are in a cross shape, with one in the middle, and two laying across it,.
- add a large dollop of the sweetcorn mix into the middle, and fold up the leaves to enclose it (or make a 'parcel'),.
- tie up with string, making sure that the mix doesn't leak out.
- put the parcels into a large pot of boiling water, and boil for 45 minutes.
- to serve, cut the string and open the parcel,.
- sprinkle with icing sugar (optional).
- (but remember, don't eat the leaves (or the string!)).