Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 4 sweet corn husks
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 800 ml chopped tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 200 g raw peanuts
- 100 g raw cashew nuts
- 100 g sweetcorn (mashed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 teaspoons dhana jeera powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 6 bay leaves
- 6 curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 pinch asafoetida powder
- 3 teaspoons dried coriander leaves
- Heat vegetable oil in a big saucepan.
- When hot add cumin seeds and black mustard seed and asafetida powder.
- Add bay leaves curry leaves and finely chopped onions.
- Stir fry until onions soften.
- Add minced garlic, ginger, chilly.
- Add tomatoes, finely ground nuts (sesame, peanut and cashewnut) along with the rest of the ingredients and cook for 10 minutes.
- Finally add the sweetcorn cut into 1" rounds and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Use the corn to scoop up the rich sauce and bite the kernels off the cob.
- Can be served with chappati or bread.
- 70 Minutes (20 minutes to prepare, 50 minutes to cook).