Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is adapted from Kake's Vegan Cookery Site. I omit 1/4 tsp of salt and cilantro, and use the lower-fat variety of peanut butter.
- 1 onion
- 1 chile (red or green)
- 4 tomatoes
- 12 ounces frozen or canned sweetcorn
- 3 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- Finely chop the onion, chili, and tomatoes.
- Heat the oil, add the cumin seeds and stir. Add the onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the ginger, chile, tomatoes, chili powder, dhana jheera, garam masala and turmeric. Stir while cooking for about 3 minutes.
- Add the sweetcorn, 5 tbsp of water, and the peanut butter. Cover, and let simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add lemon juice to taste, mix well, and serve immediately.