Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
The dipping sauce is fierce! Be careful start with a little and work up. If you have any left it can be kept in a jar in the fridge for up to 1 week. These also go well with bottles sweet chilli sauce.
For the chilli and ginger paste
- 3 large red chilies, deseeded and chopped
- 10 cm fresh ginger, grated
- 6 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
For the fritters
- 115 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 225 ml milk
- 225 g frozen sweetcorn, thawed
- 150 g vegetarian cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- mixed salad green (optional)
- lime wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the chilli and ginger paste by placing all ingredients in a food processor and puréeing until smooth. Rub through a sieve and set aside until needed.
- Sift together flour and baking powder and season if desired.
- In a separate bowl beat together the egg and milk and beat in the flour until smooth.
- Add the sweetcorn, cheese, coriander and onions and mix well. Leave to stand for 15 minutes (It should thicken).
- Heat the oil and use a large spoon to add batter to the pan, cook until golden on both sides and drain.
- Serve the fritters with salad leaves, lime wedges and the chilli sauce.