Recipe by whisks
this is a simple recipe for sweetcorn fritters i have just started using the last few months. i believe i got the recipe from entertaining epicurean, a new zealand cook book. the original recipe has asian type flavours in it, but can be varied to contain anything really. bacon and peas are a nice addition if you feel so inclined.
- 3 ears corn
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves (cilantro)
Directions See How It's Made
- cut the corn from the cobs.
- place in a food processor together with the rice and plain flours, curry powder and soy sauce and process until blended but not too finely chopped. you want to maintain some texture.
- heat some oil in the frying pan. slip spoonfuls of mixture into the pan, cooking until until the patties are golden on one side. turn and fry on the other side.
- serve garnished with coriander.