Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
A great way to use up the frozen sweetcorn that I m starting to believe is placed in my freezer by magic. To reduce the heat a little only use one chilli.
- 2 large red chilies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 red peppers
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1500 ml vegetable stock
- 800 g potatoes, 2cm dice
- 240 g frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 6 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 150 ml double cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill to high. Grill whole peppers and chillies until skin blisters. Place in a plastic baggie and allow to cool. Once cool peel, deseeed and chop.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Cook onion for 5 mins add garlic and cook for a further 2 mns.
- Add stock and potatoes and bring to boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place soup in a processor and lightly whizz to a coarse puree.
- Return soup to pan and bring to boil. Add sweetcorn, chilli, peppers and spring onions and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in coriander and cream and serve.