Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Excellent in tacos or with chicken or grilled fish and always amazing with salads or tortilla chips! Can be served either cold or hot.
- 453.59 g frozen corn, thawed and drained (or use the canned variety and drain well)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, minced
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml white wine vinegar
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml cilantro leaf
- In a large bowl, mix corn, red bell pepper and onion.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and cilantro. Pour into the corn mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 2 hours.
Reviewed for ZWT3 (the Mexican Mystery Gadget Challenge). This was just wonderful. I tweaked it a bit, mostly in that I used lime juice instead of lemon juice. I didn't have a red bell pepper, so I used a handful of red and orange sweet peppers. Loved the addition of the vinegar. Rather than use it as a salsa, I think I'm going to add a can of black beans to it and turn it into a salad all by itself -- it's that good!
This is really delicious. A nice change from ordinary salsa. It makes a lot!