1/1 Photo of Sweetcorn and Chili Soup
From a supplement that came with the Sunday paper. Nothing like a hot bowl of soup for these Autumn evenings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Fry the onion for about 10 minutes until translucent and golden, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add the corn and chili pepper and continue frying about 5 minutes, again stirring occasionally.
- 4Add the stock, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Transfer 2/3 of the soup to a food processor and whiz to a coarse puree. Add back into the pan and stir in the lemon juice and parsley. Taste for seasoning.
- 6Serve with a spoonful of sour cream and more parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweetcorn and Chili Soup
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.1
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 19.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: