Recipe by CulinaryQueen
From a supplement that came with the Sunday paper. Nothing like a hot bowl of soup for these Autumn evenings.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 4 cups sweet corn (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Fry the onion for about 10 minutes until translucent and golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add the corn and chili pepper and continue frying about 5 minutes, again stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer 2/3 of the soup to a food processor and whiz to a coarse puree. Add back into the pan and stir in the lemon juice and parsley. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve with a spoonful of sour cream and more parsley, if desired.