Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy and tasty
- 1 cup rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom seed (crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup low calorie sweetener
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 20 g almonds, blanched cut into sliver
- 20 g golden raisins
- 20 g pistachio nuts, cut into slivers
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- Rinse rice well; soak it in cold water for about 30 minutes and drain.
- In a large, heavy skillet bring plenty of water to boil. Add washed rice, cardamom seeds and yellow color, bring it back to boil, reduce heat and cook for about 12-15 minutes until the rice are almost cooked, Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan; add cloves and cardamom seeds. Stirring all the time, fry them for a couple of minutes. Add sugar and water. Bring to boil and simmer for few minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Add rice, Stir gently, cook for 3-5 minutes on medium heat. Add almond, raisins, pistachio nuts and milk.
- Stir gently and cover with a tight fitting lid. Reduce heat and cook for 12-15 minutes or until all the moisture has evaporated.
- Transfer to a serving dish and decorate with silver leaf, if desired.