roja khan's Note:
Easy and tasty
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse rice well; soak it in cold water for about 30 minutes and drain.
- 2In a large, heavy skillet bring plenty of water to boil. Add washed rice, cardamom seeds and yellow color, bring it back to boil, reduce heat and cook for about 12-15 minutes until the rice are almost cooked, Drain and keep aside.
- 3Heat oil in a heavy saucepan; add cloves and cardamom seeds. Stirring all the time, fry them for a couple of minutes. Add sugar and water. Bring to boil and simmer for few minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- 4Add rice, Stir gently, cook for 3-5 minutes on medium heat. Add almond, raisins, pistachio nuts and milk.
- 5Stir gently and cover with a tight fitting lid. Reduce heat and cook for 12-15 minutes or until all the moisture has evaporated.
- 6Transfer to a serving dish and decorate with silver leaf, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pakistani Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Yellow Rice
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.4
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 25.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: