1/1 Photo of Sweet Yeast Rolls (Vegan)
3 hrs 10 mins
2 hrs 50 mins
This is my favorite bread recipe. The rolls have a soft crust and are slightly sweet and yeasty. They are especially good straight from the oven but also keep well for a few days. I like to brush them with agave nectar instead of the margarine/oil to make them a bit sweeter. If you eat honey, that could work too. This recipe is adapted slightly from the Soft Sandwich Bread recipe at http://www.vegan-food.net/. Prep time includes preparation and rising times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat rice/soy milk to scalding. Pour into a bowl with the margarine/oil, 1/2 cup of sugar and salt.
- 2In another bowl combine the water, yeast and 1/4 t sugar and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- 3After the soy milk mixture has cooled, add the yeast mixture. Then add 1/2 cup flour and beat about 200 times. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- 4Add 4 cups flour and beat well, then begin to mix with your hands. Add about 1 more cup flour or enough to produce a consistency of dough that can be turned out onto a floured board. Knead for 5 minutes.
- 5Put dough into a well-oiled bowl and let rise for 1 hour. Punch down and form about 12 rolls. Place them on an oiled cookie sheet and allow to rise for 1/2 hour.
- 6Bake at 375F for about 20 minutes or until the bottoms are brown and the tops are beginning to turn golden brown. Brush with margarine/oil/agave nectar.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Yeast Rolls (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.4
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 351.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: