2 hrs 20 mins
Carb Lover's Note:
This is a simple yeast roll recipe from a dear friend who now lives in Maine. The nice thing about this recipe is that you can lessen the amount of sugar to get a less sweet dinner roll. I like to make them a little bigger and use them for hamburger buns. These make the house smell so good :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First add the baking soda and sugar to the hot milk & then add the shortening to the milk mixture & cool.
- 2Put the yeast into the warm water to dissolve.
- 3Sift the flour, salt and baking powder. When the milk is cool, add the yeast mixture to the milk, then mix with the flour. Cover with a towel; let the dough rise in a warm spot until doubled.
- 4Stir the batter well then beat vigorously for about 30 seconds. Form into to rolls about 2 hours before baking.
- 5Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6You can also fill greased muffin-pan cups about two-thirds full.
- 7Prep time includes proofing time.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Yeast Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.4
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 271.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 8.3 g