Recipe by i8ntproverbs31
I was looking for a "traditional" Jewish cookie and this is what I found. I'm posting it to convert the measurements.
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the yeast in a glass with 1/2 cup warm water and 2 tablespoons of sugar for 5 to 10 minutes. Put the flour in a big bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the yeast, half of the oil and mix for 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time and mix for 2 minutes. Add the rest off the water and mix for 2 minutes.
- Add rest off the oil and mix for 2 minutes. (At this stage you should get a smooth dough.).
- Cover the dough with plastic bag and over it a towel. Put aside for 1 to 1.5 hours until dough is doubled.
- Make a long sausage out of the dough and cut 3.5 cm. balls out of it.
- Roll the balls into 1.5 cm. wide - 15 cm. long strips. Connect the strips ends to form loops. If you want to get bright brown cookies glaze loops with egg yolk.
- Bake in medium heat for 40 minutes till golden brown (yolks deep brown).