Sweet dessert won tons - very quick and easy. Zaar World Tour 2005.
Make and share this Sweet Won Tons recipe from Food.com.
- Mix the dates, bananas, almonds and cinnamon.
- Place a heaped teaspoon of the fruit mixture in the centre of a won ton wrapper. Brush the edges lightly with water.
- Cover with another won ton wrapper at an angle, so that the wrappers make a star shape.
- Press with your fingers as close to the fruit filling as possible to release any trapped air and to seal the won ton.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients. To make the job quicker have a "production line" of ten or so won tons lined up that you fill, cover and seal.
- Put the filled won tons on a tray lined with baking paper. Make sure they don't touch as they stick to each other.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok until moderately hot. Add the won tons in small batches and fry for 2 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
I decided to make these using dates and walnuts and no bananas. Splendid dessert with vanilla ice cream on the side!
Easy to make. I made a batch for my 2 monday classes that both had test. Instead of dates, I used coconut flakes because it sounded like it would taste just as good. I didn't know dates were so $$$. I also shaped mine to have some fun with it. Vert good and unique.
Had great fun making these GREAT TASTING TREATS! The flavor combo of date, banana & almonds (much less the cinnamon) was enough to put smiles on every guest's face! An OUTSTANDING TREAT, & a great recipe to keep around! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Special Recipe Swap #19]