1/1 Photo of Sweet With Heat Pizza/Dipping Sauce
This is a nice sauce with a bit of kick but not too much. We have Friday night pizza night every Friday and when it got too expensive I devised this and haven't bought it again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 roasted garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 large onion (minced)
- 1/4 cup sweet red pepper (minced)
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 6 1/2 ounces tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dry basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (red)
- 1Sautee onion, garlic, and red pepper in olive oil until onion and pepper is soft.
- 2Put into large pot.
- 3Add tomatoes breaking them up by squeezing with hands,through fingers, add rest of ingredients.
- 4Bring to boil.
- 5Cover and reduce heat to simmer and simmer for 40 minutes with lid tilted to let steam out but still cover pot (CAUTION, MIXTURE WILL SPIT).
- 6Stir every 5 minutes by removing from heat until mixture stop bubbling so as not to get "spit" on.
- 7Remove from heat and let mixture cool.
- 8Put mixture in blender and puree until lumps are all gone.
- 9Use immediately or refridgerate/freeze until needed. (The longer it sits in the fridge, the better it tastes).
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet With Heat Pizza/Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1711 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.9
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1197.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g