Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
My dear neighbor Winnie loves to bake us cookies. My family LOVES gingersnaps and she brought a batch over. She clipped this recipe out of a magazine many years ago. These are delicious. Nice and crispy! Now I realize there many gingersnap cookie recipes posted but this is for my safekeeping. YUM!
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine butter, sugar and egg; mix until creamy. Stir in molasses until well incorporated. This can all be done in a stand mixer.
- Combine & whisk together dry ingredients EXCEPT sugar for rolling. Mix remaining dry ingredients. Mix into molasses & butter mixture until well combined.
- Scoop & roll dough into balls, 3/4" to 1" thick. Depending on the size ball you roll, the baking time will vary. I use a cookie scoop, roll in the palms of my hand then roll again in sugar.
- Place about 2" apart on greased or parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes: for a softer center & crisp edges.
- Bake 14-15 minutes for a crunchy & snappier cookie.
- I like them both ways!