Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
From the May 1994 issue of Bon Appetite. These sound different and easy.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon sweet white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- powdered sugar
- Mix first 6 ingredients in large bowl until dough forms.
- Knead until smooth, shape into ball and flatten into disk.
- Wrap in plastic and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll out 1 disk on lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thick.
- cut into 1/2 x 6 inch strips.
- Repeating rolling and cutting with remaining dough.
- Pour oil into saucepan to depth of 1 1/2 inches deep.
- Heat to 350 and fry in batches of 4 cookies until golden.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with powdered sugar.