Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
a favorite of my husband and son-in-law.. Sometimes I just use green and red leaf lettuce..
- 5 cups salad greens, torn
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, crisp, crumbled
- Combine salad greens and green onions in a large serving bowl.set aside.
- Whisk vinegar, sugar and water together till sugar dissolves.set aside.
- Heat 2 tbls reserved bacon drippings to boiling, slowly whisk in vinegar mixture.bring to a boil.remove from heat and pour over salad which has been topped with crisp bacon, crumbled.
- Toss and serve immediately.
This was terrific! I was looking for something to make with a big bunch of leftover baby mixed greens and this was perfect, even better than I remember my dad making. I did add a couple of chopped hard boiled eggs. I didn't know how much water to add so I didn't add any. Thanks so much for sharing, Grandma!
I grew up eating this salad every summer.My husband also loves this salad.P.S. I have enjoyed reading alot of your recipes grandma 2969 and can tell you are a great cook and most take me down memory lane. Thanks