Recipe by grandma2969
a favorite of my husband and son-in-law.. Sometimes I just use green and red leaf lettuce..
Top Review by Kaleigh
This was terrific! I was looking for something to make with a big bunch of leftover baby mixed greens and this was perfect, even better than I remember my dad making. I did add a couple of chopped hard boiled eggs. I didn't know how much water to add so I didn't add any. Thanks so much for sharing, Grandma!
- 5 cups salad greens, torn
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, crisp, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine salad greens and green onions in a large serving bowl.set aside.
- Whisk vinegar, sugar and water together till sugar dissolves.set aside.
- Heat 2 tbls reserved bacon drippings to boiling, slowly whisk in vinegar mixture.bring to a boil.remove from heat and pour over salad which has been topped with crisp bacon, crumbled.
- Toss and serve immediately.