Recipe by CoffeeB
The added sugar (I use Splenda) to this batter is wonderful when adding blueberries to the mix. Also, the use of buttermilk makes them light and fluffy.
Top Review by Debbwl
Impeccable way to start the day! A taste sweet pancake that pillows the whole blueberries so well that when you cut into the pancake blueberry squirts out onto your plate. Made as written using the Splenda option and am looking forward to try the optional fruit option. Thanks so much for the post.
- 177.44 ml self-rising flour
- 177.44 ml whole wheat flour
- 44.37 ml sugar (if using Splenda, 2 T.)
- 3.69 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 14.79 ml maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 177.44 ml 2% low-fat milk (I use skim)
- 236.59 ml blueberries or 236.59 ml any chopped fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients except berries.
- Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Mix until smooth.
- Lightly coat a griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
- Ladle approximately 1/4 cup batter on griddle.
- Sprinkle with berries.
- Cover berries with additional batter.
- Cook until bubbles form.
- Flip and cook other side until golden brown.