Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The added sugar (I use Splenda) to this batter is wonderful when adding blueberries to the mix. Also, the use of buttermilk makes them light and fluffy.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients except berries.
- Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Mix until smooth.
- Lightly coat a griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
- Ladle approximately 1/4 cup batter on griddle.
- Sprinkle with berries.
- Cover berries with additional batter.
- Cook until bubbles form.
- Flip and cook other side until golden brown.
Impeccable way to start the day! A taste sweet pancake that pillows the whole blueberries so well that when you cut into the pancake blueberry squirts out onto your plate. Made as written using the Splenda option and am looking forward to try the optional fruit option. Thanks so much for the post.
Wonderful, delicate, flavorful pancakes! I made these for DS & DH, but I snagged a bite to taste it. They were excellent--much better than our usual pancake recipe, and ever so much healthier! I used 3/4 cup all-purpose flour plus 1 tsp baking powder, nonfat milk, and nonfat buttermilk. I was concerned that 1 cup of blueberries wouldn't be enough for all those pancakes (I got 13 large pancakes), but it was exactly the right amount, with about 6-8 berries per pancake. Thanks so much for sharing, CoffeeB! Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag game.
Made great fluffy, filling pancakes. I didn't have self-rising flour so I used all-purpose flour and added a tsp. of baking powder. These were terrific.