Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Wonderful texture, lightly sweet, gone in 60 seconds! I use this for rolls and they are always gone in no time! Cooking time includes machine and rise time, so it is very simple.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 2 teaspoons gluten
- 1 cup warm water
- Pour water into bread machine.
- Add honey, yeast and gluten.
- Follow with remaining ingredients.
- Set machine for dough cycle.
- During knead cycle, check dough for consistency, it should be slightly elastic, if too stiff, add water, too moist add more bread flour.
- After cycle is finished, place dough in greased bread pan, or form into rolls, cover and let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Giving these five stars because the dough was easy to work with and turned out quite well. Used a 13x9 pan for rolls. I bake a lot of yeast breads and rolls but didn't realize salt was missing from the ingredients list. I'd add 1 teaspoon next time. Thanks for sharing the recipe!