Recipe by Jessica Costello
Wonderful texture, lightly sweet, gone in 60 seconds! I use this for rolls and they are always gone in no time! Cooking time includes machine and rise time, so it is very simple.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Giving these five stars because the dough was easy to work with and turned out quite well. Used a 13x9 pan for rolls. I bake a lot of yeast breads and rolls but didn't realize salt was missing from the ingredients list. I'd add 1 teaspoon next time. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 2 teaspoons gluten
- 1 cup warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour water into bread machine.
- Add honey, yeast and gluten.
- Follow with remaining ingredients.
- Set machine for dough cycle.
- During knead cycle, check dough for consistency, it should be slightly elastic, if too stiff, add water, too moist add more bread flour.
- After cycle is finished, place dough in greased bread pan, or form into rolls, cover and let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.