Recipe by Suellen Anderson
Some friends of ours make this when they go camping. They shared the recipe with us stating, "It's even better the next day!" For those of you looking for "5 alarm"....sorry, you won't find it here. I always serve this with corn bread. Very satisfying.
- 2 lbs ground turkey or 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 -6 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup hunts original barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice uncooked bacon and onion; brown in large saucepan.
- Add meat, cook and drain off the fat.
- Reserve liquid from kidney beans, butter beans and tomatoes.
- Add beans, tomatoes, brown sugar, BBQ sauce and salt and pepper to taste to the meat mixture.
- Add enough reserved liquid to suit your preference, discarding the rest.
- Simmer 1 hour.