Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Had some frozen burritos in the fridge and wondered how I could make them taste fresh. This recipe evolved! Hope you enjoy it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick rice
- 4 cups prepared enchilada sauce
- 9 (4 ounce) frozen burritos, thawed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sweet texas steak sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F Spray 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bring enchilada sauce to a boil and add quick rice. Remove from heat, cover and wait 5 minutes. Pour into prepared baking dish and spread to cover.
- Place burritos on top of rice seam side down.
- Combine salsa, catsup, lemon juice, and steak sauce. Pour over burritos.
- Cover with cheeses. Sprinkle black olives and green onions over dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes at 375°F Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole.