Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These sound really good, and remind me of a sort of twist on pecan pie.
Make and share this Sweet Walnut Maple Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packageduncan hines moist deluxe classic yellow cake mix, divided
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple flavoring or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- For Crust:.
- Reserve 2/3 cup of the cake mix and set it aside; combine remaining cake mix, melted butter, and egg in a large bowl.
- Stir until thoroughly blended. (Mixture will be crumbly).
- Press mixture into prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- For Topping:.
- Combine reserved cake mix, maple syrup, eggs, brown sugar, and maple flavoring in a large bowl.
- Beat at low speed with electric mixer for 3 minutes, then pour over crust and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until filling is set.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.
- Store any leftover bars in refrigerator.