Midwest Maven's Note:
These sound really good, and remind me of a sort of twist on pecan pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package duncan hines moist deluxe classic yellow cake mix, divided
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- 2For Crust:.
- 3Reserve 2/3 cup of the cake mix and set it aside; combine remaining cake mix, melted butter, and egg in a large bowl.
- 4Stir until thoroughly blended. (Mixture will be crumbly).
- 5Press mixture into prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- 6For Topping:.
- 7Combine reserved cake mix, maple syrup, eggs, brown sugar, and maple flavoring in a large bowl.
- 8Beat at low speed with electric mixer for 3 minutes, then pour over crust and sprinkle with walnuts.
- 9Return pan to oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until filling is set.
- 10Cool completely and cut into bars.
- 11Store any leftover bars in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Walnut Maple Bars
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.2
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 42.4 mg
- Sodium 174.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g