Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a lovely salad dressing for those who prefer a more mellow, sweeter taste in their salads. I recommend dressing a combination of romaine and baby spinach with some sliced red onion with this dressing.
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- With food processor running, drop garlic and parsley down feed tube and let process until garlic is minced.
- Turn off machine and remove cover, add all remaining ingredients except salt and pepper, replace cover and process for several seconds until well blended.
- Taste and add more honey if you wish, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep bottled in the fridge and shake well before using.
- Makes enough to dress about 2 salads; also makes a great marinade for chicken breasts.
not only great on salads, but great to marinate on chicken
This dressing is spectacular! I hopped on to Recipezaar to find a quick and yummy dressing for the ingredients I had on hand. This will be something I will continue to make, forever! Im serving it one a baby spring mix with gorgonzola cheese, sliced strawberries, and nuts. Delicious!!! Thanks so much!
I made this to use with some of the more bitter lettuces from my garden. It was really good. I didn't have any balsalmic vinegar so I substituted red wine vinegar. My family really liked it. I will make this again and will try it with the balsalmic vinegar. Thanks for sharing this.