Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend. It's unusual but absolutely delicious. Great for Pot Lucks; when everybody brings the same dish, yours is gauranteed to be DIFFERENT! I hope you enjoy it.
- 6 -8 vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) bag potato chips, crushed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper (to taste)
- Butter a 9" x 13" baking dish. Layer in onions, cheese and chips. With the last layer of chips in place, combine soup, milk and pepper and pour over casserole.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes to an hour.