Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A spicy sweet stew perfect on a cold winter day. Actually dreamed about this and wrote it down when I woke up.
- 2 lbs venison (cubed, beef can be substituted)
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage or 1 lb venison sausage
- 3 -4 apples (sliced and cored)
- 3 -4 large red potatoes
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 1⁄4 ounces onion soup mix
- olive oil
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup water
- egg noodles
- lightly brown venison and sausage in olive oil with garlic.
- Mix remaining ingredients in crock pot.
- Add meat (browned) and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours.
- Cook egg noodles separately.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.