Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
Gluten free protein bars get a boost of nutrition from pumpkin and carrots and a decadent crunch from Nature's Path Gluten Free Fruit and Nut Granola
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream (not milk)
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup jaggery or 1⁄4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1⁄4 cup quinoa flour
- 1⁄2 cup amaranth flour
- 1⁄3 cup rice bran
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons psyllium, husk fibre
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum or 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons teff
- 1 large finely grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, soaked in hot water and drained (reserve 1/4 cup liquid)
- 2 cups fruit and nut granola cereal
- Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with parchment and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs, coconut cream, pumpkin, jaggery, honey, milk and whey powders, salt and cinnamon until well combined.
- Add flours, bran, flaxseed, psyllium, xanthan gum and baking powder, mixing until combined.
- Fold in kaniwa, carrot, raisins (with liquid) and granola.
- Spread into the pan and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 325°F.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool in pan before cutting into bars.