Recipe by Serah B.
A delicious vegetarian tomato and bell pepper stew that hits the spot. Lots of spots, really. Lots of happy spots. This serves about 4 if you are making it for a main dish, and will serve 6 if it is a side.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped (tomatoes should be pretty ripe)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium saucepan.
- Cook onion over low heat until soft.
- Add peppers and increase to medium heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, until all vegetables are tender and stewed.
- (You will not need to add water or broth because the vegetables own juices will create the stew).