Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This healthy Sri Lankan recipe is from the City Times newspaper. Its colourful, tasty and my favourite salad of late that I really am enjoying this summer. I do substitute the mayonnaise with low-fat yoghurt for a healthier option. This can make a healthy breakfast as well on the days your home- free from office/school:)Also, I sometimes do snack on this instead of going for the Cadbury's Chocolate Bar.
- 50 g peas, boiled
- 50 g carrots, boiled and cut into small pieces
- 50 g boiled beans, cut into 1/2 cm pieces
- 100 g boiled corn kernels
- 5 tablespoons yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- cucumber, lettuce,beetroot and carrot
- Mix the yoghurt, mayonnaise, sauce and sugar well.
- Add corn kernels.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix again.
- Refrigerate till it is cool.