Recipe by mazzz91
From "Healthy" by Lesly Waters. The book says to add 5 oz. marinated (Thai) tofu, but I prefer to leave it out most of the time unless I'm looking for it to be more filling.
Top Review by ErinCate
I was excited about the use of sweet potatoes in this curry, because I have had some excellent sweet potato curries in the past. But when I cooked this one myself, I felt like it needed something more. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about Indian spices to figure it out for myself. But it still made for a nice, hearty lunch.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and minced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons thai green curry paste
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 14 ounces canned light coconut milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the onion and steam-fry for 5 minutes, then stir in the curry paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, cut the sweet potatoes into 1-inch chunks. Add to the spiced onion and stir to coat with the mixture. Pour in the coconut milk and 2/3 cup water, and add the cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in peas and tofu (if using), and cook for 3 more minutes. Scatter cilantro over the top and serve with Thai fragrant rice.