Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another "Quick Cookin'" favorite. I made this for the first time this summer. My husband swears it's his favorite macaroni salad and I have not made any others since! Enjoy!
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- Cook macaroni as directed on box.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing ingredients over the macaroni salad and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Can't believe I haven't rated this one yet! This recipe is light tasting and perfect. I was worried about using the low-fat mayo, so I added lemon and lime juices and it turned out great! I'm making it again for Easter.