Recipe by happynana
These are sweet - tastes more like dessert than a vegetable. I cut this out of a magazine and put our personal touches to it. I baked on a jelly roll pan but I think you could use a cookie sheet.
Top Review by loof
This is a great way to serve sweet potatoes! Just sweet enough and the cream cheese adds a nice richness. I microwaved the sweet potato to start with, then baked as directed after stuffing. Thanks for sharing a great recipe! Made for the Best of 2011 event, recommended by Jociecee
- 2 sweet potatoes, medium to large
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream or 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- sea salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking pan or cookie sheet with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Cut potatoes in half.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and place cut side down on prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Holding potato in a cooking mitten, scoop out center in put into bowl, leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell.
- Add cheese, cream, sugar, cinnamon and pepper.
- Mash with a potato masher until will blended.
- Sprinkle inside of shells very lightly with sea salt, if desired.
- Spoon potato mixture evenly between 4 shells.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are heated throughout.