Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are sweet - tastes more like dessert than a vegetable. I cut this out of a magazine and put our personal touches to it. I baked on a jelly roll pan but I think you could use a cookie sheet.
- 2 sweet potatoes, medium to large
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream or 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- sea salt (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking pan or cookie sheet with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Cut potatoes in half.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and place cut side down on prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Holding potato in a cooking mitten, scoop out center in put into bowl, leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell.
- Add cheese, cream, sugar, cinnamon and pepper.
- Mash with a potato masher until will blended.
- Sprinkle inside of shells very lightly with sea salt, if desired.
- Spoon potato mixture evenly between 4 shells.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are heated throughout.
This is a great way to serve sweet potatoes! Just sweet enough and the cream cheese adds a nice richness. I microwaved the sweet potato to start with, then baked as directed after stuffing. Thanks for sharing a great recipe! Made for the Best of 2011 event, recommended by Jociecee
Wonderful, sweet, delicious easy recipe! They are the perfect complement to any dinner or are just good enough and filling enough to eat alone! I made for Best of 2010 Cookbook Tag-tanks for a new keeper!
Easy and delicious! The perfect side for any meal. I will be using this recipe often. Thanks for sharing. Made for June, 2010 Aus/NZ Swap.