Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
As I was seperating pumpkin seeds as we were carving pumpkins, I was having a craving for something sweet. So I decided that I would try roasting my pumpkin seeds a little different this year. I try to eat low carb so I have adjusted most of my cooking to accomodate this lifestyle and these seeds are just another great way to satisfy my sweet tooth!!! I will base all the ingredients on 2 Cups of Pumpkin Seeds just to be consistent but this will vary so adjust your recipe depending on how you sweet you like your seeds!
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter-flavored cooking spray (I used "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar substitute
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Make sure your seeds are rinsed well and dry.
- Pre-Heat Oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour in Spray Butter and Toss seeds to coat evenly.
- While stirring, add sugar substitute, cinnamon and nutmeg to coat evenly.
- Spread seeds on to a baking sheet. (I line mine with Parchment paper to prevent sticking!).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (or until seeds are brown), stirring 2-3 times within the cooking time.
- Allow to cool before enjoying!